The primary focus of Somerville Secondary College is the physical, mental, emotional and social wellbeing of every student. Adolescence is frequently the most challenging period of life and the school works hard to ensure that students have every possible support in the transition from child to young adult.
The college has a multidisciplinary team of wellbeing staff who are able to provide a diverse range of services and support to students and their families which cater for individual needs.
The Wellbeing team consists of a
- Youth Worker
- Adolescent Health Nurse
- Student Welfare Coordinator
- Student Support Services Psychologist
- Hands on Learning Artisan Teachers
The services are tailored to individual needs and include
- One on one support
- Health and Wellbeing education
- Group based programs including Hands On Learning
- Psychological & educational assessment
- Referrals to external agencies/services
- Specialist programs