This policy explains how Somerville Secondary College proposes to manage common enquiries from parents and carers.
This policy applies to school staff, and all parents and carers in our community.
Somerville Secondary College understands the importance of providing helpful and timely responses to common enquiries from parents and carers. To ensure that members of our school community are directed to the most appropriate person to assist them, the information below outlines key contacts for common queries: • to report a student absence, please:
o Log on via the compass parent portal and submit your child’s absence/reason by
o FlexiBuzz - Lodge your child’s absence via this app on your mobile phone www.flexibuzz.com
• to report any urgent issues relating to a student on a particular day, please contact front office on 5973 1000
• to discuss a student’s academic progress, please contact your child’s relevant classroom teacher via email on Compass or at the college on 5973 1000
• to discuss a student’s health or wellbeing, please contact your child’s Home Group teacher or the Subschool team on 5973 1000, or via email through Compass
• for enquiries regarding camps and excursions, please contact the staff member in-charge via email through Compass or on 5973 1000
• to make a complaint, please contact the Principal/Assistant Principal on email through Compass or on 5973 1000. Please also refer to our Complaints policy, available on the College Website
• for parent payments, please contact Carole Richardson on 5973 1000
• for all other enquiries, please contact our Office on 5973 1000
School staff will do our best to respond to general queries as soon as possible and ask that you allow us 2 – 3 working days to provide you with a detailed response. We will endeavour to respond to urgent matters within 24 hours where possible.
This policy was last updated March 2020 and is scheduled for view in March 2024.